Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Revan's Picture of the day... Asleep on my Laundry

Revan Asleep on Laundry


So there I am minding my own business trying to fold my laundry and the little boy curls up on top of it and falls asleep. Now I would like to finish folding the laundry but all the books say waking up kittens in deep sleep stunts their growth so I guess I'll just blog, knit, and eat some diced peaches while I wait.

I also finally got in to see my picture in the Student Competition today. Hey, maybe I didn't post about this yet. So, I am in photography classes at the moment trying to improve my skill and we were required to enter in 3 pictures into the student competition but none of them were guaranteed to get into the show or the competition. One of my three entries made it into the show and Tristan and I have been meaning to get down there for some time but just hadn't had a chance. We went tonight and the show was closed but a nice lady let us into the gallery anyway so I took a picture of my picture because I didn't have a copy of it to show friends.

Never Sleeps

It didn't win, but that is good news because I wanted my picture back so that I could frame it and put in my house like I did for my last competition piece "Italian Lovers in New York" which was a semi-finalist in the International Library of Photography Annual contest.

Italian Lovers
My framed version.

Italian Lovers in NYC
"Italian Lovers in New York"

If you want to know more about "Italian Lovers" please read my blog here.

I am lucky enough to have a supportive husband who wants me to frame my work and hang through out our house. The "Italian Lovers" is the only thing I have ever had professionally hung and it freakin' costed like $80 but in the end I was so happy with how the frame turned out. When I finally get back "Never Sleeps" I will also get it professionally framed, well you know what it is already matted all I really need to do is find a frame and a top matte and I could do it myself. It would cost a lot less. Yeah, I'll probably do that then. Thinking while typing, can't beat that huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures--both of them. They are something I would hang on my walls. I don't find many pictures that I hang on my walls and yours are very unique.

Jennifer said...

the photos rock and wtg on getting a couple in shows...i would love to take a photography class someday! for now i'll settle w/ the english 1010 class i'm about to start...almost 29 years old and just starting college courses towards a BA in business...better late than never, right? ;)

Sharmane said...

Thanks Ladies! I'm such a geek for this stuff its nice to know that there are other people in the world that dig it. I'm so new to the world of showing off my work and your comments are encouraging. =)

Linda said...

Your picture is so lovely. You should be proud. By the way I have tagged you, see my blog!