Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Current Project: Camouflage Baby Blanket

It has been a long time since I have posted about knitting but I am trying to get back into the swing of things, even though my kitten's health issues are consuming me right now. I am trying to knit a baby blanket for my co-worker buddy Erica. She is the most prepared for a first baby person I have ever met. From the time she knew the gender she had his name picked out and began referring to him as Nathan. SOOOOO, I'm am going to try for the first time to knit an "N" into the center of the blanket. Little Nathan's room is all camo oriented, and I discovered the camouflage yarn from Red Heart and thought it was worth a shot. Here is what I have so far...

Revan with Erica's Baby blanket

I am going to have the tan trim all around with an inner rectangle of the camo, then a tan square in the center with a camo "N." I hope it comes out good. "N" at least isn't too complicated of a letter, it is just a question of whether or not I have success at the knitting of it. I will begin the center in about 5 more lines, so wish me luck!

It is amazing what a few years of experience will do for you. When I first started knitting, I tackled the ridiculous task of knitting my nephew's baby blanket. Except it took me six months and it ended up being his 1st birthday present.

Kobe and the blanket

NOW though, I am only a week and a few days into this and I have already completed a third of the blanket. Not that it is a complicated stitch by any means, its just the experience factor here. It is great to have found a hobby that you can REALLY watch yourself grow and improve. I love it! I can't imagine not knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Your first baby blanket is awesome and your latest is looking really great so far!