Monday, February 26, 2007

Biting of more than I can knit?

I'm afraid I dun bit off more than I can chew in my knitting projects of late. I got myself all excited and joined all these damn KALs and now I am not sure I'm going to be able to keep up. (Psssssssh yeah right!)

No, my concern is only that I have started, frogged, restarted, frogged, and restarted my green hat for the Green Hat KAL about 4 or 5 times now and although it typically only takes me about 12 - 15 total hours to knit a beanie, I am attempting to design on the fly and it has been reeking havoc on my knitting. Plus, I am still riding my high of the camo blanket (I'm just so proud ;P ) and so I think I went into this "designing a green hat" thing with a little too much gumption. Anyways, I still hope to have my green hat finished in time for St. Patty's day but if not at least I will have my green t-shirt I designed. (I'll post pics on that on the day.)

I do still want to get a jump on my Knit Blue Project I was also going to get all big and bad and knit a "Vote Hillary" scarf or something but maybe I will just use this blue wool I have been sitting on for awhile and make me a plain ol' k1, p1 scarf that I can wear with almost anything. We'll see.

Fetching gloves....ummm yeah right haven't even tried to cast on. But to be fair I attempted to join last month and they never even contacted me back so even if I do knit them I won't be able to post on that blog.

I have the start of a "My So Called Scarf" but I haven't revisited it in weeks. Its not even worth posting about yet. I also haven't heard back from the Invisible Pink Unicorn guy yet about granting me permission to do the IPU KAL, but as soon as I do I will get that going too. If I never here back, then I will probably just do the Arabic symbol of a circle with a strike through it with nothing behind it, that is another symbol adopted by Atheist as well.

arabicatheist

It's really all about, what do I feel like knitting at the moment for me right now, which is strange because I am very much used to having A PROJECT that I want to focus on, not have 5 or 6 things I want to do all at the same time.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Project Spectrum thing too! I just joined, it will be an easy fit with my Knit Blue project but what about next month!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go crazy joining too many KALs too. I can give up sleep, can't I?