Monday, November 13, 2006

Okay, time to play catch up on my black & white Harry Potter scarf for my new friend and HP geek Jenny. (See picture)



Jenny and her scarf
Jenny & her scarf.

She wanted a black and white version on the famous Harry Potter scarf so I whipped one out but forgot to take in progress pictures like a dork. So just days before completing this bastard (I say bastard cause it took me like 5 or 6 weeks when it only should have taken 2 - 3 weeks on my work schedule) I snapped this pic with my new Nikon D80, Tatsu, (I know, I am bragging but I got a Nikon D80, you would brag too).

Jenny's B&W Harry Potter scarf, in progress
Notice I didn't carry the yarn through, yeah I don't know how to do that yet.

DSC_0008
Here is the finished product, Well maybe before I cut the tassels.

Well, I finished the last two blocks and sewed up all the ends last night, and let me tell you I will never knit something with that many color changes in it again until I can figure out how to carry the yarn. I may have found the resource for it. Notice my new link on the side bar for the Knitten Ninja he made this gorgeous grey and mint green scarf that is passing as a Banana Republic scarf (nice) and I want to copy it. And he links to some instructions for color carrying and I am going to try that out later this evening. I'll test it out, and if I am successful I will post it in my Instructions section.
* * * * * *
Changing the subject...

I have also made a couple little electronics socks recently. The first was this one for my new Motorola Razr Phone, I have a tendency to drop my phones a lot and since I just got this one I figured I better put a sock on it (since it is so expensive). Plus, I get more practice on my DPNS...win win.

Cool as hell sock for me Razr phone

Cool as hell sock for me Razr phone

Cool as hell sock for me Razr phone

I also have one for my husband's digital voice recorder because he say it cuts on when it is sitting in his backpack so hopefully this will keep the buttons from getting knocked. I have some pics but I haven't uploaded them yet, and since I am blogging from work instead of working I can't get to them at the moment. (shh don't tell). I'll get the rest of my in progress pictures up later on. Until then....

Love, Peace, and Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooul Train!!!!

No comments: