Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Don't you hate it, when you are at work blogging and your supervisor pops up unexpectedly so you immediately shut off your Internet window without saving all the stuff you typed for like an hour?

No?

So, I'm the only person in the world that blogs on company time? Doubt it.

So, yeah I was bloggin' all morning about my sense of accomplishment from finishing Jenny's scarf, how I have two projects for others left on my schedule, but that in the meantime I joined this Irish Hiking Scarf Knit-a-long and in my excitement from stumbling on it I got to work right away. Now I have to type that ALL OVER AGAIN. Well, actually I summed it up quite nicely in this little paragraph, so maybe not. Hmmm.

How about I just talk about this knit-a-long!

I realize that this may cross me over into a different kind of a knitting geek (blogging was the first step towards geekdom) but I think it is such a good idea. A bunch of people on one blog, knitting the same pattern, and seeing all the different ways it could turn out! Doesn't that sound FUN!?! Yes, that is why I am joining up. I saw a few really beautiful ones on the Irish Hiking Scarf Knit-a-long blog and I also had to search Flickr since I am also a photography nut, and I came across one that really excited me. Let me tell you why. It was made on dpns which is what I want to do so that you don't have to see the ugly backside.



I started knitting the flat one last night and even though there is a little bunching its a lot better than the first time I tried to cable. Check it out...

In Progress: Irish Hiking Scarf


Not bad, not bad. I still want to try to make it on the round, but I'll keep practice flat for now.

No comments: