Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Happiness is Revan asleep on my shoulder...

Revan  1980


On Friday October 13th, my husband and I welcomed baby Revan into our world. He is a 7 week old Siamese mix, weighs 1 lb. 2 oz., 9 inches in length, and the new love of Tristan and my life.


I never liked cats, my whole life I thought they were creepy, and for a time I even thought I was allergic to them (turns out it is only outdoor cats I react to) but Tristan grew up with kittens and always said how fun it would be to have one. I decided that I would hunt for the perfect kitten as a gift for Tristan and after a few months of talking to folks online I discovered a woman that was going to make me a mama. She had a litter of 5 Siamese mixed kittens that she just had to get rid of but she didn't want to give them out to just anyone. We emailed back and forth for a week before we actually met and I'll tell you it just seemed right. She was comfortable releasing the little boy that she called "the hissy one" to me and I fell in love before I even got him into the car. He is black with black tiger strips and blue eyes! Are you kidding me? BLUE EYED BLACK CAT!!! He is just so awesome looking.


It has been 11 days since Revan came to live with us, and he was acclimated right away. He hasn't made a single boo boo outside of the litter box, he's a healthy eater, and with the exception of the day he got his first shots he is a playful and affectionate little boy.

I had no idea how much a kitten would change my life. No longer am I the hard core emotionally detached woman I have always claimed to be. Now, I am hard on the outside with a gooey center full of love for Revan. I find I now refer to myself as Mamu (cause mommy sounds stupid) and Tristan is of course Daddy. I can't stand to be apart from him, I go home at lunch time since I only work 10 minutes away and I just wish I could be home with him all day.


100 points (or I'll knit you something) to the person who can guess where Tristan and I got his name from. And it has to be a guess, none of you folks I have already told. =)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

congrats on ur new, absolutely adorable addition! i am allergic, but still think kittens are super cute!

is the name from the star wars character darth revan?