Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A few weeks ago we took a tiny road trip up to Salem, MA which I have always wanted to go to on account of the witch trails BUUUUUUUT, my lovely ladies in the Taunton SnB group gave me the heads up about a little yarn shop in town called Seed Stitch Fine Yarn. So, I dragged my husband, our friends, and their little kids to the yarn shop and man oh man did I love it.

I have managed to go all of my 8 years of knitting without going into a yarn shop. Which is probably a good thing because REAL yarn is hella expensive. But just amazing. I ended up buying a skein of Madeline Tosh tosh sock in Napoli. It's beautiful in person, I wish my pic could really capture how many oranges are in this one skein. It will eventually turn in to a beanie for Tristan cause his favorite color is orange.

SAM_0672

I also found these couple skeins of Cascade Yarns 220 Paints, Isle of Skye, which screamed out to me. I have attempted the My So Called Scarf pattern several times over the last few year and I just have not been happy with any colorway I have attempted. As soon as I saw this cascade yarn I knew it was my - My So Called Scarf. I already posted a pic of my WIP MSCS and I am so excited about this. I can't wait til I finish.
Unfortunately, that won't be any time soon on account I have 3 baby blankets in progress at the moment. One I definitely have to finish in the next month. The blanket I am making for my best friend's baby. They don't want to know the gender until birth so no cheesy boy-girl colors for this blanket. We went earth tones, and of course all natural. She doesn't want to see the blanket until its done so I won't be posting an in-progress pic here but I will say that Knit Picks Simply Cotton Organic worsted is delicious looking (you just want to eat it) and like butter to knit with. Its soooooo soft and squishy. I dig it. I wish I could post some pics but I can't risk it. Only half way there, so hopefully in another month (if my wrist tendinitis holds out) I will get this beautiful blanket posted.

This weekend looking forward to the Red Line Yarn Crawl, if I can make it. My first. I just can't spend much more money on yarn. Ouy!

No comments: