Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Went to my first meeting with the Taunton Stitch n' Bitch group I found on Ravelry. It was a lot of fun. The ladies were all nice and ragged on each other all night. A lot better than any weird hippie circle I have sat through before. They even gave me a free hank of sock yarn from Knit Picks for being a newcomer. Which I love cause I am trying to make my first sock right now!!!




It was my first night out since moving here, so I am happy to have finally spoke to other people besides Tree. And they all said I have a Texas accent, can y'all believe that?!?!?! =P It was fun hearing them speak too. An initiation into the New England speak. The words "wicked" and "retahhhded" were dropped a couple times.  I was gonna post a pick of my current sock in progress but I am gonna wait until it is complete, so that the whole thing can be laughed out. Laters.

No comments: